Winner winner, chicken dinner!
I literally could eat chicken EVERY day, but sometimes it gets a little boring just eating plain ole’ chicken, so I decided to spice it up a little bit! This recipe is SO simple I could do it with my eyes closed and is definitely a new favorite dish in our household!
All you need is:
- 1 pack of chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup of Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons of Onion Powder
- 3 tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Italian Seasoning (DO NOT LEAVE THIS OUT!!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pound of Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 bag of cooking spinach (you wont use the whole bag, I plan on using the rest for a salad).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut 4-5 slices in each chicken breast (depending on how big your chicken is). Make sure the slices are deep enough to stuff mozzarella and spinach.
3. Cover each breast with preferred amount of seasonings (Ingredients 2-6) and let it marinate for about 20-30 minutes.
4. Stuff each crevice with mozzarella and spinach. (The mozzarella I used was already cut into round slices, so I just cut that in half and put 1 half in each slice. To be honest, next time I’ll use a whole slice. It really just depends on how cheesy you want it.)
3. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cooked. (No more than 20 minutes as you don’t want to overcook the chicken and dry it out) Serve with sides of your choice, I served with asparagus (MY FAVE!) and fettuccine.. SO SO SO GOOD!!