Green bean casserole…..but with CHICKEN.
So, lately we’ve been trying to eat healthier and cook more than we go out to eat. I’ve always heard people say healthy cooking isn’t fun or isn’t good….THEY LIED!! I found this recipe (http://www.thecountrycook.net/ritz-chicken-casserole) on Pinterest and decided to put my own little spin on it and make it “healthyish” and it was DEEEEELICIOUS. It definitely isn’t THE healthiest meal I’ve made, but we both enjoyed it and didn’t feel guilty after eating it! 🙂
- (1) whole rotisserie chicken (I used plain, you can also use left over chicken breasts)
- (1) bag of frozen green beans
- (1) 8 oz. fat free/light sour cream
- (1) can of salt free cream of herbs soup
- (2 sleeves) of Whole Grain Wheat Ritz crackers
- (1/4 cup) Fat free cheddar cheese
- (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- McCormick salt free Garlic &a Herbs seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray cooking oil on baking dish (I used a 13×9 pan).
- Combine sour cream and cream of herbs soup.
- Toss in chopped up (or shredded) chicken and green beans then mix together. (I added a little bit of the Garlic & Herb seasoning since I used a plain rotisserie chicken) Pour mixture into pan and top with 1/4 cup of cheese (this is your preference. I think it would’ve tasted just fine without it!).
- Melt coconut oil to liquid form and combine with crushed crackers.
- Sprinkle the cracker mixture over the casserole.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cracker topping is golden brown.